Please consider John Wessinger, a business strategist and author of Ride the Wave: How to Embrace Change and Create a Powerful New Relationship with Risk, as a guest on your show.
Ride the Wave is a must-read book written for business leaders, organizational teams or anyone seeking a process to help them overcome personal or professional challenges
Ride the Wave: How to Embrace Change and Create a Powerful New Relationship with Risk
Within today’s ever-changing and disruptive business conditions, the surf is always up. Widespread changes are now occurring regardless of the industry, market, product or service and organizations will need to change in order to meet these new demands.
In Ride the Wave: How to Embrace Change and Create a Powerful New Relationship with Risk, author and business strategist, John Wessinger, believes it’s necessary for business leaders today to model themselves after the archetypal surfer: they must learn to embrace the conditions (quickly evaluate changing markets), adopt a progression-based mindset (continually build new skills) and use risk as a compass (willingly explore risk-driven strategies) to thrive in today’s new conditions. Risk is now the new norm and the new path to success!
We are now in an era in which technology and information-sharing platforms have given buyers and consumers more information about products and services than ever before. There’s a new power dynamic between companies and customers in which buyers no longer need organizations to help them make a purchase decision. The business leaders and organizations that embrace this change, adopt a new mindset and a willingness to take on risk, will survive and thrive in these new conditions. Organizations that do, will become leaders in their respective markets instead of followers. Ride The Wave provides a new set of principles to overcome these new challenges and outlines a new process for success: Be More Like The Surfer And Ride The Wave!
Ride the Wave won the Bronze Medal in the Sales Category for the 2018 Axiom Business Book Awards and is the winner of the Sales & Marketing Category for the Book Excellence Awards. It has also received a 5-Star Review from Reader’s Favorite.
- The new customer-decision journey is now supercharged by technology and information-sharing platforms.
- Riding the Wave is about using the natural momentum of change to overcome challenges instead of being crushed or wiped out by them.
- Change can be difficult because of the risk involved with doing something new.
- Risk is now the new norm and also the new path to success.
- Business leadership must face these challenging business conditions and use a progression-based mindset to ride the wave in disruptive markets.
- Riding the wave requires focus and the willingness to persevere through the entire process, even when obstacles arise, and setbacks occur.
- Thinking strategically and learning how to overcome new challenges will help you to make better decisions about how to plan for new risks and make progressive improvement toward your goals.
- Ride the Wave is a strategic planning process for business, however, it also provides a universal lesson for anyone who wants to do something new and not let risk dictate choices or success.
- Who is this book written for and who is the target audience?
- How did you go about tying together the Surf Story and the Work Story?
- How can business leaders respond to disruptive business conditions?
- What is the new power dynamic between companies & customers and what adjustments need to be made within organizations?
- How can you create a new relationship with risk?
- How should individuals and organizations respond to this new era of technology and information-sharing platforms?
- What types of sales & marketing skills are now necessary in the new conditions?
BIO: John Wessinger
John Wessinger is a business strategist, founder of PLAN | MARKET | SELL, a marketing and sales strategy firm and author of Ride the Wave: How to Embrace Change and Create a Powerful New Relationship with Risk. He has previously worked for global organizations in the retail and healthcare industries supporting the marketing & sales of billion-dollar brands.
RIDE THE WAVE is available from the following retailers: